Thursday, November 19, 2009

Narco thoughts for the day...

Lately, I have found that 200mg of Provigil (Pro-V going forward) once a day is just not cutting it most days. I am prescribed enough to take it "1-2 times daily", so this isn't a huge problem, it just bothers me that I need it. I realize that with a stimulant it's possible to need to a higher dose over time in order to achieve the same efficacy, it's just another frustrating reminder that, barring discovery of a cure, I will be on this medication for the rest of my life. My family member who also has Narcolepsy has taken 400mg all along and I have read of people taking even high doses, so I guess I felt some sort of comfort that I had a less severe case. Any case of Narcolepsy is debilitating, but I know it could be much worse.

"I need my Pro-V" (sung to the tune of "I want my MTV" by Sting at the end of Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing")

1 comment:

  1. Hola! Glad to find your blog, and I look forward to reading more of it. I have N too.

    Go Easy!
    Ja

    ReplyDelete